This tutorial describes the easiest way to import your data in Sodadb. I’ll be using the excellent (and free!) OpenOffice Calc. I am sure it can be done in Microsoft Access too, but I don’t like Excel (I am not a big Microsoft fan, but that’s a whole other story). If anyone wants to write this tutorial in Excel, please contact me, and I’ll post it here!
So here we go.
1. Click Option Menu – Import your data – Download your database template »
This will download your database structure in .csv format.
2. Open the downloaded file in Openoffice Calc.
OpenOffice will ask you how to interpret the data, choose a semicolumn as delimiter (see screen1). You’ll notice it has a bunch of other columns as well. These are needed for the import, but you can ignore them.
3. Open your data file in OpenOffice Calc.
Select the columns with data (see screen2) and copy them (CTRL-C).
4. Paste it in the downloaded database structure file.
Select the columns that hold your data and paste (see screen3) your new data (CTRL-V).
5. Save the downloaded file and upload it Option Menu – Import your data -
That’s it. Another way is to just download the database structure and work in that file…